Wednesday, January 9, 2013

"White Coat Syndrome" Continued....

So, this past Friday I was feeling pretty good about things after the nurse had said confidently that she thought I had "white coat syndrome."  I thought, great! I'm not really that sick after all...
And then, a day or so later I started thinking about it...
beautiful tile art outside Hacienda building
If my blood pressure is high when I'm anxious and stressed about going to the doctor... then it's probably just as high when I'm anxious and stressed about other things!!!  
And, wouldn't you know...  when I went to see Dr. Gehn, he said he didn't give much credit to white coat syndrome and asked me, "Is the doctor's office the only time you're ever anxious and/or stressed?" 
And, at least for me, it's most definitely not the only time I'm ever anxious or stressed.
So, I've been feeling a bit sad about that... 
that I can't pin my high blood pressure on "white coat syndrome" and leave it at that. 
But, onward and upward! moving on! working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment