Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy Birthday to me... Happy Birthday to me...

Happy Birthday to me....  Happy Birthday to me!
My morning wasn't as fabulous as I would hope for a nice relaxing birthday...
I thought it would be nice to start the day with a little Chinese health exercises and meditation class followed by a Nia dance class.  The instructor for the Chinese health class (basically Qigong, which I've never really been into) showed up 20 minutes late!!!!!  Some of the other people in the room noted that he's always late...  Well, that didn't impress me one bit!  I find it very disrespectful for an instructor to be 20 minutes late to a 1 hour class and I really wasn't impressed by his energy when he walked in the room.  I might be mentioning that to HHI when I fill out the comment card at the end of my stay.  So, he does 40 minutes of class and at the end he says that since we started late, he didn't have time to do the last part of the class... and, then he proceeds to tell us there's a DVD in the HHI store that we can buy if we're interested.  I was like, What?  I don't think so...  I'm not returning to any of his (Dr. Keith) classes during the rest of my stay.
So, that was kind of a disappointing start to my birthday.
Then, Nia dance, which was actually kind of fun and I probably would have enjoyed it more if I didn't feel so tired today and sore from doing weight training yesterday.  I could barely do anything with my arms, certainly nothing much fast.
After Nia dance was over, I headed back to my room to try to restart my day on better foot...  but, I realized I had misplaced my name-tag and room keys!  I searched all over.  I couldn't find them.  I went back to the class area twice, searched through all my belongings in my room.  Time was running short for getting to the Essential Oils class that I wanted to get to.
So, I had to say to myself...  I'm going to let the stress of losing my keys go, for now, and I'm going to go to this class, and worry about keys after.  And, I'm so glad I went to that class.  I learned a lot.  I've been using essential oils for a while now but this class opened up my mind, or reminded my mind, of all the possibilities of essential oils for healing. 
Then, with a little more calm and clarity of mind, I went back to my room, looked for keys again...  and realized what might have happened...  I had put my name-tag with keys on a shelf in the class room and I thought, they must have gotten knocked off and fallen behind the shelf.  I went to look... and sure enough, they were there!  phew! relax...
I went to lunch with one of my roommates.  She is very friendly and talks to everyone.
So much so that she welcomed another person to our table...  someone I hadn't met yet but I had seen and observed during other meal-times.  I didn't like his energy either and had no interest in ever meeting him... yet, here he was now sitting at the lunch table on my birthday....
Conversation was going okay until my roommate suddenly had to leave to get to an appointment she had.  Which, left me feeling like I had to sit with this man while he finished his lunch.  Long story short I ended up having to listen to 1/2 hour of advice, which I thought would be positive (not sure why I expected such) but ended up being negative and way too depressing a conversation for my birthday.  Finally I was able to extricate myself.  I almost ran back to my room and called my significant other for support because my day just didn't seem to be going well. 
Then, I headed to the hot mineral pool, which always makes me feel better.  And, this time was no different than any other.  It was marvelous.  I love that hot mineral pool.
After being in the pool relaxing, I thought to myself, it's my birthday, I should go to the HHI store and get myself a present...  but then I thought to myself, "that's silly, I've gotten myself the best present in the world... this 3 week Life Transformation Program at HHI!"  What could be better on one's birthday, a celebration of life, than the gift of living foods!!!!!
Special treat for Saturday's dinner is "ice-cream" dessert.  I thought that was great since it's my birthday.  The "ice-cream" is either made with banana or nut-milk.  The nut-milk version is the no sugar version, which I had since I'm no sugar during this adventure.  There was quite a line for the no sugar version since so many people here are instructed to be no sugar.  Anyways, it was delicious!  And, since it's my birthday today, they also made me another special treat, a raw truffle, and everyone in the dining hall sang happy birthday to me while someone played piano.  I almost cried.  It was awesome.  There may be some folks here I don't really want to be around but, overall most everyone is caring, friendly, and supportive.  It was a great end to the day.


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/06/2013

    Happy Birthday! Jen!! Hope you are well! Love ya, Todd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1/06/2013

    Happy B'Day Jen. We miss seeing you.

    Uncle Steve

    ReplyDelete