Sunday, January 27, 2013

Mixed Burrito Lunch and Sprouts

mixed leftover burrito lunch
A couple days ago I used leftovers to make a mixed burrito lunch, which was absolutely delicious!
Starting with a lettuce leaf, I used the following for fillers...
- Leftover walnut taco mix
- Leftover cheezy sauce
- Leftover raw red pepper sauce
- Leftover veggie mix (zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus, fenugreek sprouts)
- Leftover lightly steamed broccoli (cold)
- New clover sprouts (which just finished that day)
- Avocado

Still not quite a HHI meal... LOL.  But, at least there's some sprouts in it!  fenugreek and clover sprouts.

Got Sprouts? delivery 1 pound each

A Hippo meal should be 1/2 by weight sprouts and the "heavy" nut/seed/starchy dishes should be treated as side dishes...  Haven't gotten to that point quite yet as still working on getting the sprouts growing.  It would start to get really expensive juicing and eating sprouts since I'm still purchasing through www.gotsprouts.com.  I've been ordering wheatgrass and pea sprouts from Got Sprouts? and each pound is $10 each.  Shipping and handling adds another $15 to the $20 order.  So, one pound of either wheatgrass or pea sprouts is costing me about $17.50ish each.  That gets pricey since I'm going through both one pound of wheatgrass and one pound of pea sprouts every few days...  I'm about to run out of these today and I don't think UPS delivers on a Sunday...  Oh well, still doing my best and not giving up just because I can't do it perfect.  The way I'm eating now is still WAY better than how I was treating my body previously!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment