Monday, January 28, 2013

Sunflower Almond Pate

Sunflower Almond Pate
Last night I made sunflower almond pate from the Healthful Cuisine book by Anna Maria Clement with Chef Kelly Serobonich.
It is delicious!  I had it for lunch today too! 
This is the first recipe I've tried from this book.  Once the soaking was done this recipe was a flash!  Snap of the fingers done!
Since the whole and parts of the book are copyright, I can't post the recipe here...
however, if you have the book, I can tell you the modifications I made...
The measurements for sunflowers and almonds I used post-soak.
I didn't have any onion powder so I didn't use that.
Since I try to stay minimum on the salt, I only used about 1/2 teaspoon of Braggs Liquid Aminos and I added 1/2 teaspoon of kelp powder.
Almond Milk and Almond "Meat"
This recipe was fabulous and I know truly raw almonds are expensive but, this is delicious and worth it! 
Getting closer to a Hippocrates meal since had both fresh clover and broccoli sprouts!  Unfortunately the sprouts are still more of a side than the rest.  That will be changing more gradually as my sprouts are starting to grow!!!!
I'm out of pea sprouts and wheatgrass again.  It really is a bugger trying to order that stuff to keep the fridge stocked but not too stocked so stuff is fresh.

I also made truly raw almond milk last night.  This morning I took about one cup of the milk and added a small scoop of stevia and a tiny dash of vanilla and it was superb mid-morning snack since I wasn't going to be eating lunch until 1 p.m.  The milk volume in the photo is after I took some already.  The almond "meat" was my original purpose in preparation for making RAW PIZZA some night soon!!! stay tuned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment