Thursday, January 17, 2013

Nervous about going home soon...

In the final stretch and I'm nervous about heading back home and living a "living foods" life...
As is evident from the dream I had last night....
In my dream....
I'm in a WinDixie grocery store.  I'm searching through the store for something I can eat (i.e. vegetables).  I'm winding through isle upon isle and all I see are boxes and containers of prepared foods.  No fresh food in sight.  I finally get to the back of the store and see a large deli with all kinds of fresh food including vegetables!  I look closer and I even see mung bean sprouts and sunflower sprouts!  Yae!  I found something to eat!  It appears they put whatever you want into a sandwich roll.  I'm like, this is okay, I'll get the veggie roll and just eat the veggies and not the roll.  I walk up to the woman at the counter to order a veggie sandwich and she tells me all the sandwiches are deep fried.  And, I'm like, "what? even the vegetables?" And, she says, "yup, everything is deep fried.  Whole sandwich is deep fried.  Have to kill the bacteria."  I'm stunned.
End of dream...

That deli in my dream didn't look anything like the wonderful living foods spread that Executive Chef Ken and Renata put on at Hippocrates!
Some days better than others...  I didn't like everything.  Some things I liked too much!
Always trying for 50% sprouts on plate (by weight).

Today I had my final check-out with nurse.  I'm all clear for an 80/20 diet, which means 80% raw and 20% cooked.  By weight.  So, I'll be able to mix it up a little bit with some cooked vegan veggies, maybe even a sweet potato...  I'm still on the "no sugar, no fruit" regime for another 3 months minimum.  I'm to send another set of blood test results to HHI in March for check-in.  Cool thing about HHI is that once you've done the 3 week program, they will keep giving you guidance (free) as long as you keep sending in your blood work.  How cool is that?  Pretty cool :)

No comments:

Post a Comment