Friday, January 18, 2013

The Results Are In!

It's my last full day at Hippocrates...  I'm enjoying a nice relaxing day.  Just finished having a deep tissue massage.  aaaaaaahhhh...
And now, it's time to present the blood test results!

                                  11/10/11           11/1/12          12/31/12       1/15/13               Range
Total Cholesterol      198                    209                257                176 !!!               <200 optimal
HDL                          59                      63                  77                  71                      >60 best
LDL                           < detect limit    128                156                93                     <100 optimal
TC/HDL                    3.4                     3.3                 3.3                 2.5                     <4.4
Triglyceride               <45                   88                  122                60                      <150 optimal
Glucose (fasting)       88                     97                  103                79!                     70-99 optimal
Iron                                                                           186!!!            65 !!!                  35 - 175 normal

Although not all my numbers in November 2012 were bad, they were certainly heading in the wrong direction from previous year, November 2011.  Having my LDL go from less than 45 to approaching borderline high; glucose increase to "pre-diabetes;" triglycerides jumping up; and my blood pressure obtaining levels too high to continue to ignore...  I decided to go to Hippocrates and I'm so glad I did!


First Full Day
You can see the continued damage I was doing to myself by continuing to be overly stressed by work, eating holiday goodies, and eating out at restaurants over the holidays and the week before arriving at Hippocrates... Some real bad cholesterol numbers when I arrived...

So my total cholesterol is now at a level I've never seen in my life!  even when I was 20!
And that iron skillet is the first thing to go when I get home!!!  No more cooking in iron!
Did you know...  high levels of iron are toxic to the body!!


Last Full Day

Not sure the photos show it but, I think there's a difference in how my skin looks...  I'll have to see what my significant other thinks when he sees me in person, LOL :)
I guess the thing is, sometimes you cannot tell just by looking at a person if they're dealing with a health challenge...  I suppose hypertension/heart disease is called the "silent killer" for a reason...

Total weight loss 147 down to 138... 9 pounds.
However, 5 of those pounds I put on the week before I arrived and lost the first week I was here.  So, I only count losing 4 pounds over the 3 weeks.  I wish I had lost more!

This is not the end of this story though... I'm to send another round of blood test results to HHI in March to see how things are going.

No comments:

Post a Comment