Tuesday, January 15, 2013

120 over 80 !

Angel Meditation - hands are in the mudra of concentration
Today was the first day in many years that I can remember walking into an office to get my blood pressure taken and having the very first reading be....  120 over 80 !!!  Normal !
Yae! :)
So, I walked into the office, I was nervous, I could feel my heart starting to pound.
I sat down and let the nurse know that my blood pressure may be a little high...
Then, I closed my eyes, took deep slow breaths, and imagined myself in a field of beautiful flowers dancing and skipping around...
and, WA LA ! 120 over 80.
I asked the nurse like 3 or 4 times, "really?" "are you sure?"
She said, yes she was sure.
So, I walked out of the BP room all happy :)
Then, I got my blood drawn.  It's hard to believe that this is the third week and we're having our second set of blood tests.  I get my results on Thursday.  I can't wait to see how the numbers have changed!  Two more days to blood test results and four more days to go home....  The final count down to get as much as I can out of this experience while I'm here!

I still wonder though, what is up with the blood pressure readings... They are all over the place.  And, it always seems, at least for me, like the manually taken blood pressure readings are lower than the automatic machine taken blood pressure readings.  It's been that way for years.  Every time someone takes my blood pressure with a machine, it's high, and they always end up taking it manually.  The nurse in the IV therapy room tells me that the auto machine is accurate but, I just don't know...  Then again, perhaps it is more accurate than human?  man or machine...?

No comments:

Post a Comment