Sunday, February 17, 2013

Raw Vegan Hippo-style Eggless Egg Salad - Take 2....

I made another attempt at Hippocrates-style eggless egg salad yesterday...
I think I'm getting closer....
I had done some searching online for a raw vegan eggless egg salad recipes and found that a lot of recipes use cashews.  However, Hippocrates doesn't use cashews so I'm experimenting with other things...
The recipe I created yesterday is as follows:

Step 1:  Into a mason jar I put the following:
- one cup of sunflower seeds, which HAD NOT yet been soaked nor dehydrated
- 1/2 cup of pine nuts, which HAD previously been soaked and dehydrated
- 1/2 cup of almonds, which HAD previously been soaked and dehydrated
- sufficient distilled water to cover the seeds and nuts

Step 2: Let the seeds and nuts soak for about 2 hours
Raw Vegan Eggless Egg Salad
Step 3: Drain and rinse the soaked seeds and nuts and put into food processor

Step 4: Put the following additional ingredients into food processor with seeds and nuts
- One Tablespoon of deliciously infused Tuscan Herb Olive Oil (organic cold pressed).  Use whatever olive oil you like to use
- One teaspoon of kelp powder.  I use kelp powder to keep salt low.  Feel free to use Braggs Aminos or whatever you like.
- One teaspoon of mustard powder
- One teaspoon of turmeric
- A couple small dashes of ground coriander seed
- A couple small dashes of cayenne powder (if you like a little spice)
- One cup of cauliflower florets (I only used florets, not stem).

Step 5: Process until desired texture.

If I was serving this "as is," I would also stir in some chopped celery to the processed mixture.  I was serving this with chopped celery burrito-style so I didn't pre-mix any celery.

Next round I will probably add some garlic powder or fresh garlic clove and perhaps a tablespoon of sweet onion.

Whether or not this tastes like egg salad...  this recipe is tasty "as is" presented above.

I should also add that that recipe as presented above makes a few cups of eggless egg salad.  So, you may wish to adjust the amounts if you don't want as much or you need more...

No comments:

Post a Comment