Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Mung Bean Sprouts are taking over!!!

~4 cups mung bean sprouts (green)
I'm completely amazed by the mung bean sprouts!  They keep expanding and growing and growing and growing....
I previously blogged about the mung bean sprouts
At that time I was thinking I probably should have done half the amount I had started...
And now I'm thinking I should have done only one quarter what I started!!! 
I originally started soaking 2 cups dry mung bean sprout seeds.  Those 2 cups quickly expanded into 4 cups of soaked seeds...
Three days ago, I split the 4 cups of soaked seeds into two pitchers.
And now I'm pretty sure that I should have only started with 1/2 cup of dry mung beans!  I now have about 8 to 10 cups of sprouts and they're not done growing yet!!!!  I love mung bean sprouts but I don't know what I'm going to do with all of these when they're done!

mung bean sprouts into 2 pitchers
The mung bean sprouts are about to toss off the top weighted pitcher!!!

mung bean sprouts about to toss off top pitcher, other set in bowl
Currently they are now in a 3-pitcher set-up.  The bottom pitcher is the solid catch-water pitcher.  The middle pitcher has holes drilled into the bottom so that rinse water drains into the bottom solid pitcher.  Thank you wonderful significant other for handy drill work!  The middle pitcher has the sprouts.  On top of the sprouts and middle pitcher is the top pitcher, which is solid and which has a mason jar full of water to apply weight to the sprouts.  The sprouts are now getting so full that I doubt the air flow is ideal.  I'm fairly confident it is less than ideal!  Next round, I'm only going to soak 1/2 cup of mung bean sprouts at one time...

I'm not sure what to do at this point as they're getting ready to outgrow the only containers I have ready for them!  I bought out the pitchers at Wal-Mart and I'm not sure they've restocked or if they will restock.  I may have to look for different pitchers!!  I'm afraid I might go to bed tonight and wake up tomorrow morning with a kitchen full of mung bean sprouts!!  Take over of the sprouts!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment