Friday, February 1, 2013

Flax Cracker Snack

flax cracker snack prior to 20-30 min in dehydrator
Last night I got home and didn't have the energy to finish the pizza... So, I took it out of the dehydrator and put it in a Debbie Meyer's Green Bag and put it in the fridge.
Then I came up with the idea of making a flax cracker snack!
I took some of the flax crackers that I had made the other day (see flax cracker blog) and put them on a dehydrator tray.  I then sliced zucchini and put that on top of the flax cracker.  Sliced thin some carrot on top of the zucchini.  Then dolloped with some nut cheese I had made the night before.  I put these into the dehydrator on 115 degrees Fahrenheit while I made salad.  Out of the dehydrator these quick and easy (once the flax crackers are already made) flax cracker appetizers or snacks are delicious!
I think the nut cheese recipe I used the night before was as follows:
1 cup macadamia nuts (soaked, rinsed, dehydrated)
1/2 cup pine nuts (soaked, rinsed, dehydrated)
1 Tablespoon sweet onion
1 teaspoon kelp powder
dash cayenne
1 ounce lemon juice
1 Tablespoon oregano
water

1. Blend all ingredients in high speed blender.

I can't believe I've already forgotten how I made the nut cheese last night...  I always think I'm going to remember the little twists and turns but, no...  I think I used the above, it's a slightly modified version of the nut cheese recipe used for the RAW PIZZA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment