Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Sky Is NOT Falling...

Well, I went into Dr. Gehn feeling quite down about the whole kit and caboodle... see last post....
And, I have to say that, I just love Dr. Gehn.
Finally a doctor that I can relate to!  He uses humor very well :)
I went in feeling glum and left smiling again.
I know there are people that don't mesh with his style but, I'm so glad that it works for me!
And, basically he said, don't listen to anyone, even about heredity.  Your blood pressure is going to come down.  You have inflammation in your arteries and he pointed to my CRP, cardio test result, from initial test 1.7 (medium risk of cardiovascular disease) and noted my homocysteine levels are on the high side.
Then he asked if I was doing everything he recommended in previous visit...
well...  I'm truthful so, I admitted that I'd missed some of the magnesium doses and I hadn't gotten the aged garlic because they didn't have it in the store.
So, in response he said... you need to do what I tell you! and he proceeded to increase my dose of magnesium, added potassium, add phyto-tumeric and directed the nurse to get the pharmacy runner to get me 2 bottles of aged garlic (it will come on Friday).  All of this with the required amount of joking to keep it light and me laughing or at a minimum, smiling and feeling better.
He also said my blood pressure really wasn't that bad... 
So, in my own reflection of that comment....
Do I need to get it down? yes.  Do I need to be overly upset about it?  No.  That's not going to help anything.
Onward and upward!
This hill is not an easy climb but, let's keep stepping!

Side bar 1...  The reason I had missed some of the magnesium is because it just tastes awful and I was having to take it 3 times a day, which is kind of hard when one is running around all the time here at HHI.  But, no excuse I guess.  Now I'm stuck taking more awful tasting stuff, LOL.

Side bar 2.... The garlic is key.  He said I really needed to be taking that.  I guess I'll be smelling like garlic for some time to come until I get my BP back in check...

1 comment:

  1. hange in there Jen! Knowledge is power and you are even more powerful as you are actively pursuing a course that is right for you and your body. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete