Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Supplements and Other Treatments at HHI

If you've looked into it, you may have heard the rumors that going to Hippocrates Health Institute can get pretty costly beyond just the price of the main program...  And, the rumors are correct.  It can get pretty pricy, depending on how many additional treatments/supplements you decide to do.  However, none of the additional treatments/supplements are required; and, everyone is free to make their own decision.  There really is free will.  Sure there are lots of presentations/lectures on different modalities of healing during the HHI program but, none of them are required.  You can pick and choose what you might find of interest.  And listening doesn't require doing.  Who knows, you may find yourself, like me, discovering you can work on healing something that didn't even occur to you...  I never anticipated I'd be working on hormone issues while at HHI.  I just came for blood pressure. 
One of the first additional cost items guests are introduced to is supplements.  When you get your "check-in" review with the nurse to go over your first set of blood test results, the nurse also does another scan called the ondamed.  After this, the nurse will usually recommend a number of supplements.  Lucky me, I was only recommended 6 supplements.  A helpful hint I was given by a friend...have the nurse prioritize the supplements so you can pick and choose knowing the priority.  So, of the 6, I first bought only 3 and then ended up buying the 4th. 
My supplement recommendation didn't stop with the nurse however...  When I went to see Dr. Gehn and he talked to me about blood pressure and hormone issues, he recommended 8 more supplements.  And, since he seemed very confident about knocking down the blood pressure, I got all 8 (in addition to the IV therapy).  I figure while I'm here, I'm going to try and do what I'm able to get this under control as fast as I can. 
It's tough keeping all these supplements straight... working them into the daily routine when some are twice a day, some once, some in between meals, some on empty stomach....  All this squeezed into wheatgrass juicing, green juicing, electrolyte water, lemon water, water water water, lunch, and dinner.... and all the lectures! not to mention pool time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment