Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Breakfast on a fasting day...

gazpacho soup and sprout dinner
Today is the first day I've eaten a solid breakfast since I arrived.  And today, of all days, is the one day a week that is a liquid fasting day.  Most days at HHI the liquid/eating schedule is generally as follows:

First thing in the morning: wheatgrass juice 2 ounces
8:30 AM: lemon water 8 ounces (with cayenne for circulation)
10 AM: green juice 16 ounces (juice of sunflower sprouts pea sprouts, cucumber, celery)
12:30 - 2 PM: lunch
4 PM: green juice 16 ounces
5:30 - 7 PM: dinner
Sometime in the afternoon or evening (depending on individual): wheatgrass juice 2 ounces

So today, I got to eat breakfast, which consisted of two slices of mana bread toasted.  Breakfast was required prior to my first, of five, Super Immune IV treatments to target the inflammation in my arteries, which the doctor believes is the result of being on birth control hormones for over 20 years and the cause of my high blood pressure.  When they took my BP this morning with one of those automatic machines...  it was 149 over 91; pretty high.  And, I didn't even realize they were going to take my BP this morning so I didn't have any time to have anxiety.  I was actually pretty out of it because I didn't sleep well last night...  the spicy gazpacho got to me and my stomach kept me up half the night.
liquid fasting day coconut water
The IV went well and I managed to sneak into the last minutes of one of Brian Clement's lectures before lunch, which on liquid fasting Wednesdays is....  yummy coconut water straight from the coconut.  A man with a machete cracks each one open.  It's a delicious treat. 

Liquid fasting day dinner is soup.  For those allowed to eat fruit, the soup is usually a cold melon soup.  For those recommended to avoid fruit (i.e. me) the soup is a green soup.  So far, I love the liquid fasting day soup.  

No comments:

Post a Comment