Monday, January 7, 2013

Lost My Voice... Gained Peace

Last night I started to lose my voice and this morning I woke up unable to make a peep to speak!
I can only whisper...
Losing my voice didn't bother me though.  I saw it as a blessing.  I relished it.  I had talked too much the last two days and I needed to become quieter again to continue focusing on healing.
Nothing else is physically bothering me.  I rarely coughed, nothing to cough.  I haven't really sensed any congestion.  My nasal passages are open.  In fact, I felt absolutely brilliant today.  And, I don't mean that in the intelligence way but, in the exuding light way.
Interestingly enough, I lost my voice a short while after one of the treatments we get as part of the HHI Life Transformation Program.  The treatment is called Theragem, and it is my most favorite treatment.  I'll post more on treatments later...
The Theragem basically consists of a warmed water bed and select crystals that light is directed through toward select parts of the body.  During yesterday afternoon's particular Theragem treatment, they happened to direct one (of two) crystal light towards my throat... 
Coincidence...?  I'm sure the skeptics are being skeptical.
Either way, it happened, and all day I have been grateful.

There is another part to this story....
Also yesterday, sometime in the morning I think, definitely prior to the Theragem treatment, another guest here at HHI spoke to me about a couple things I had said that bothered them.  I was heartbroken.  I felt so terrible.  I didn't say anything bad intentionally.  My comments seemed quite innocent to me.  The thing is, we just never know what another person's experiences are or have been.  It was an incredible reminder to me of Buddha's teaching of Noble Speech.  To speak only the truth.  I won't try to go into exactly what that means, that's for a good teacher of Buddha's teachings to tell.  How this affected me is that, when I woke up the next day with no voice, I was so grateful that I could only whisper because...  I had time to think about what to say or not to say before I tried to whisper something to someone... time to examine my thoughts and ask myself, "Is this important enough to say that I should try to get it out with a whisper or rasp?"
The other thing about not saying so much is that, there's less to worry about something you said that you shouldn't have or rerunning conversations in your head at night when you're trying to sleep...  The "laryngitis practice" would probably also be helpful before emailing or facebooking ;)

Be well, be peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment