Monday, January 21, 2013

Bringing it home....

It's been about 48 hours since I left the Hippocrates Health Institute (HHI)...
and, I've been very busy!
Before leaving HHI, there was one last stop at the store to pick up a new Excalibur 9-tray dehydrator; new Vitamix TurboVS, new Omega 8006 juicer; and one pound each of wheatgrass, pea sprouts, and sunflower sprouts.  Unfortunately the woman at the store, Esther, forgot to put aside my Paraflexx sheets!  These sheets are required for a number of the dehydrated food recipes that I was hoping to make this weekend (pizza, nut-loaf, crackers, etc).  Bummer. 
I did my homework price-wise before purchasing these items at the HHI-store.  The equipment was less expensive since they are running at 20% discount this month.  However, the Paraflexx sheets were not cheaper and had I known they would screw up and not have them ready for me, I would have bought them elsewhere!  Now I'm waiting for them...
Another unfortunately is that I didn't buy the sprouting trays...  I saw them on my way out of the store and thought, those will be easy to find and probably cheaper elsewhere....  I didn't realize they would be so hard to find!!!!
On our way home we stopped at Whole Foods in West Palm Beach in search of organic celery and cucumbers for making green juice at home.  We were only partially successful.  What's up with the lack of organic food in Whole Foods???  Did I miss something in the news...?
As we got closer to home we stopped at Bed, Bath, & Beyond; Target; Walmart; Earth Origins; Lowes; Office Depot; Home Depot; and, Publix in search of new kitchen equipment, organic food, sprouting trays (who would have guessed these would be so hard to find!!!) and shelving; and distilled water.  Phew.
Got home very tired...  didn't feel like "cooking" and I'd been dreaming of T.G.I. Friday's for weeks...
And, we did indeed go to T.G.I. Fridays... and ordered what had previously been delicious...  Tuscan spinach dip and Sedona black bean burger with sweet potato fries (no salt/seasoning).  They gave us chips and salsa to start.  I enjoyed the salsa; the chips so-so (oily).  When the spinach dip arrived I was ready to dive in (minus the tomato bits on top)...  only to find that it just wasn't doing it for me.  I was starting to feel, blah.  I ate a little.  I found this very strange because if there's anyone that can eat, it's me!  I had been dreaming about this food for weeks!  What was happening?  To leave food unfinished is simply not me...  Then, the burger and fries came.  I was hoping this would hit the spot.  But, the fries were simply horrible.  The oil must not have been changed since the last time we were there three weeks ago.  Waitress ordered a new round of fries... no better.  Bean burger was okay but the roll was inferior to previous (we found out later from manager that they indeed changed the rolls... obviously to a lesser quality); and, the bean burger toppings were so-so (sautéed onions not cooked and barely a slice of avocado).  I only ate half of my bean burger and only a few fries...  Very very unlike me!  Normally everything on my plate would be eaten.  My significant other was also quite surprised by this change...  My stomach was starting to feel queasy...  I can't believe I had been dreaming over that!  At this point, I certainly wasn't going to eat something that wasn't up to par and that is bad for me anyways.  I mean, it's one thing if it tastes good, quite another to eat something that's bad for you and tastes blah too!  No point to that!  I learned my lesson...

No comments:

Post a Comment