Friday, January 11, 2013

Food Detox Take 2

I led myself into complacency when I only had one day of food detox symptoms last week...
Although the teachers warned that food detox is like a rollercoaster with ups and downs.  You may be up one day and down the next.  What I had experienced so far seemed manageable.  The good thing about the food detox rollercoaster is that, provided you keep staying with the program, it's an uphill rollercoaster.  So there may be ups and downs but, the general direction is up to better health.
Which is something I have had to keep reminding myself this week...
Monday started off simply fabulous.  Although I had lost my voice, I was feeling awesome.
Tuesday and Wednesday things started to roll down and up and down a bit...  I was feeling tired.  A little less patience... 
By yesterday (Thursday) afternoon I was down in the dumps.  My stomach was upset.  I was tired.  I couldn't eat another sprout.  I missed home.  I missed my significant other.  I missed my cat.  So, I skipped dinner and went to bed at 7:30 p.m. sure that the "gestapo" would be knocking on the door...  There are a lot of very health challenged people here, so they keep track of us and call or come looking if we miss a meal or two, which is very good of them.
Friday morning I woke up HOT.  So hot, I would go in and out of feeling like I should sit down before I pass out...  but, I made it to the juicebar for 2 ounces of wheatgrass, made and ate some breakfast, and headed to my second IV treatment.  My blood pressure was up 153 over 93.  The nurse set me up with IV, left the room, and I cried softly...  Rain poured down outside and I sadly thought about all the injustices I have done to my own body.
Then I was joined by other "IVers" and we talked and shared experiences intermixed with shared quiet.  It's quite a bonding experience.
My IV lasted 4 hours and I figured by the end of that time, sitting in a nice comfy chair surrounded by supportive people, that my blood pressure should have come down...  I asked the nurse if she would retake my blood pressure.  She did...  141 over 101.  While I was happy to see the first number drop, my heart sunk when I saw the second number so high.  The other nurse came in.  I forget exactly what was said at that point but, tears rolled down my face again.  Everyone was supportive and I gathered myself back up.  Walking away down the stairs, I know I just have to keep making one step, then the next, and keep going.  Onward and Upward.
On a positive note, one of my "IV partner's" blood pressure had been elevated the whole time they were at HHI, until today, their last full day, their blood pressure had dropped to normal.  There is hope!  And, positive thought.  After talking with one of my IV partners today about how our thoughts affect us and the power of positive thought, I went back to my room and wrote my positive thoughts on a large sticky note and stuck them to my dresser....
My blood pressure is 110 over 70.
I am happy!
I feel good!
There is lots of love in the world.
I forgive myself.
I forgive others.
I let go.
I AM Zen Jen :)


Love to you all !
May you be happy and well.
May you know and be love.

No comments:

Post a Comment