Saturday, February 2, 2013

Disappointed with Got Sprouts? and Squirrel...

So, earlier this week I had placed another wheatgrass and pea sprout order with www.gotsprouts.com
Unfortunately, I placed it on Saturday without thinking ahead that I would run out of sprouts on Sunday when there's no UPS delivery...  Which meant, I didn't have any wheatgrass or pea sprouts on Sunday and not until Monday evening when UPS arrived. 
Now Monday was not that hot of a day for Florida, since it is winter time...  However, my sprouts arrived on the verge of being hot.  When I submitted the request to Got Sprouts?, I requested an additional cold pack be placed in the package because UPS doesn't get to my house until the end of the day (package sitting in their non-air-conditioned truck all day long...) and my first order of sprouts arrived warm...  So, when my second order arrived on Monday late afternoon with no additional cold packs and the sprouts on the verge of hot...  I decided that was it for Got Sprouts?  If I need sprouts I'll be searching for another source.  I can't wait to get my own sprouts up to speed to keep up with my demand!!!
I was going to order seeds from Got Sprouts? but, since they didn't honor my request of additional cold-pack and my sprouts arrived hot, call me impatient...  The next afternoon I called Hippocrates Store and ordered seeds from them.  Since I called late afternoon, HHI-store processed the order the next day and I had 40 pounds of seeds the day after that!  Yup, 40 pounds of seeds... 10 lbs wheatgrass, 10 lbs sunflower, 10 lbs pea shoots, and 10 lbs mung bean seeds. 
On Thursday evening, I started soaking my second round of seeds for soil sprouting.  Friday morning I dumped the soak water and started the rinsing phase.
Friday afternoon I was working in the kitchen and happened to be at the sink when I felt a presence...  I looked out the window and saw a squirrel starring at me!  He saw me see him but he kept on looking very intently into the window.
My significant other came home a little while later and the squirrel was still hanging around the back of the house.  I pointed the squirrel out and told my significant other how the squirrel was starring at me...  He said, "well, you've got the screen door and windows open and he probably smells the seeds!"  He also noted that, for whatever reason, we hardly ever see squirrels around here but the moment you order tons of seeds and have the windows open, the squirrel shows up.  Animals have a good sense of smell you know...   You can bet that Peppermint Patty Cat was getting excited watching the squirrel :)  But, she's an indoor cat so the squirrels and bunnies and birds are safe.

1 comment:

  1. Very exciting seeing everything you are doing integrating what you learned at Hippocrates into your life, Jen! And knowing I have this blog as a resource for my own Raw journey! Keep it up, yay! Melissa, Hippocrates Roommate

    ReplyDelete