Sunday, February 3, 2013

Harvest Day!!!

pea sprouts
pea sprouts harvest
Yesterday was harvest day for sunflower and pea sprouts! 

The pea sprouts were getting huge and the sunflower sprouts ready too. 


I remember hearing someone say, perhaps it was Brian Clement himself, that a sunflower sprout up to 7 days is a complete protein but, beyond 7 days it becomes a vegetable.  So, since I planted these sprouts last Saturday, I figured it was definitely time, perhaps even a little past time, to harvest. 

sunflower sprouts
sunflower sprouts harvested
Before harvesting the sunflower sprouts, I took the time to remove all the seed covers that had not yet fallen off.  When rushing around to make green juice in the morning before heading out for the day, it's nice to have the seed covers removed from the sprouts!  May as well do this task when I'm not in a rush! 

From the 10x20 tray of sunflower sprouts I harvested 2 pounds of sunflower sprouts!!! 
From the 10x20 tray of pea sprouts I harvested 2 pounds of pea sprouts!!!
It's difficult to express how much I enjoy this process.  It's amazing.  Simply wondrous.
What a glorious day :)

The wheatgrass is almost ready to harvest...
And, I've learned some lessons...
Some organizational ideas I've come up with to help make this process a little easier on myself will be included in a subsequent blog very soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment